The sea is nothing but a library of all the tears in history. Lemony Snicket
There are lots of ways to work with your local library and help them while helping your books. Libraries are changing and becoming community hubs rather than strictly places to borrow books and music. Connect with libraries in your area, including all varieties that are a good fit for your book: public libraries, school libraries, universities, colleges, businesses…there are plenty of libraries around, and they need lots of support to continue to be viable in lots of cases.
- Gift your library with a copy of your books, audio files, etc.
- Submit a newsletter article to your local library to include in their newsletter.
- Provide bookmarks or printed bag stuffers about your book that can be slipped into books as they are being checked out.
- Pay for an ad on your library’s website.
- Work with the library to host a book signing or presentation about your book.
- Take pictures of your book at the library and share them on social media.
- Share events and announcements from the library that aren’t about your book on your social media to show your support for them.
- Ask if you can do a presentation for the Library’s book club, and offer to include your book in their book club as a reading choice.
What other ideas do you have for supporting libraries?